The Boise State Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is an administrative compliance committee established to oversee the university’s animal program, facilities and research projects involving the use of animals.
Boise State has determined that any activity involving animals for research, testing and/or training is subject to the authority of the PHS Animal Welfare Assurance and the Federal Animal Welfare Act and its amendments. Therefore, all faculty, staff and students at Boise State must submit a protocol application for IACUC review and approval of all activities involving animal use and the procurement, handling and care of animals used in research, training or testing if:
- the research, training, and testing is conducted under the auspices of the university, regardless of funding sources;
- the research, training, and testing is conducted under the direction of any faculty, staff, student or agent of the university in connection with his/her university responsibilities; or
- the research, training, and testing is conducted under the direction of any faculty, staff, student or agent of the university using any property or facility of the university.
News and Announcements
Research Compliance Update
March 6th, 10am-11am, Student Union – Alexander Room
Research Compliance is hosting an update to share what’s going on in the areas of:
- Human Subjects Research (IRB)
- Animal Care & Use (IACUC)
- Biosafety (IBC)
Come with your questions!
Assurances and Registration
Boise State maintains an Assurance that it will comply with the Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. This Assurance sets forth the responsibilities and procedures of the university regarding the care and use of animals. The University’s Animal Welfare Assurance number is D16-00800.
Boise State is also registered with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), registration number: 82-R-0014.
IACUC MeetingsAll applications must be submitted by the first of the month of the meeting date to be considered.
|MEETING DATE||APPLICATIONS DUE|
|January 28||January 1|
|February 25||February 1|
|March 25||March 1|
|April 29||April 1|
|May 20||May 1|
|June 24||June 1|
|July 29||July 1|
|No August Meeting||No August Meeting|
|September 30||September 1|
|October 28||October 1|
|November 25||November 1|
|No December Meeting||No December Meeting|