REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW USERS:
- Go to the CITI homepage: www.citiprogram.org
- Click on, “Register” under Create an Account. DO NOT select “Log in through my institution.” Boise State does not yet have single-sign on capabilities with the CITI program
- Type in “Boise State University” to search for your organization affiliation.
- Complete additional registration steps 2-7.
- When select your training curriculum, choose a group that is appropriate to your area of research. See below for more information.
You can also watch a video tutorial here.
Human Subjects Research Training (IRB)
Required training for PIs, Co-PIs and applicable key personnel listed on IRB protocol applications. Select the learner group appropriate to your research activities.
• Biomedical Researchers
• Social & Behavioral Researchers
Do not select any “IRB Members ONLY” courses as these course are much longer and intended only for IRB committee members.
Animal Care and Use Training (IACUC)
Required training for all investigators and key personnel listed on IACUC protocol applications. Select the learner groups appropriate to your research activities.
• Investigators and Key Personnel (Do not select the “IACUC Members ONLY” option)
• Select the appropriate Species-Specific and Procedure Specific Electives.
Biosafety Training (IBC)
Required for all investigators and key personnel listed on IBC protocol applications. Select the learner groups appropriate to your research activities.
• Biosafety Essentials
• Bloodborne Pathogens
• Animal Biosafety
• Select Agents, Biosecurity and Bioterrorism
• Institutional Biosafety Committee Member Training—Intended for IBC Committee members only
Responsible Conduct of Research Training (RCR)
RCR is NOT REQUIRED for investigators or key personnel listed on IRB, IACUC or IBC protocol applications. RCR modules are offered as investigators with federal funding (e.g. NIH, NSF) may be required to complete additional training. **THIS COURSE ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT FULFILL THE IRB, IACUC, or IBC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR PROTOCOL SUBMISSIONS.**
• RCR for Biomedical Sciences
• RCR for Engineering
• RCR for Humanities
• RCR for Physical Sciences
• RCR for Social, Behavioral, and Educational (SBE) Sciences
• RCR for Research Administration
US Export Control Regulations
Should be taken by all researchers who perform research that: (1) contains restrictions on participation based on nationality; (2) involves proprietary technology or technical data which will not be published; (3) includes sponsor restrictions on publication; (4) includes sponsor prepublication review; or (5) will involve travel to a country outside of the United States. This training provides an overview of the United States Export Control regime, including the Department of Defense International Traffic in Arms Regulations, the Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations, and the Office of Foreign Asset Controls country-based Sanctions Program and Specially Designated Nationals List.
For more information please visit the Boise State Export Controls website or contact John McDonald at 208-426-1252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Subjects Research/IRB
The CITI training is valid for three years. After three years, you will need to complete a “refresher course.” The refresher course will certify you for an additional three years. After the additional three years, you are permitted to take one more “refresher course,” certifying you for three more years. After 9 years, a basic course is required again.
Animal Care and Use/IACUC
The CITI training is valid for three years. There are no refresher courses for the IACUC modules; basic courses must be completed every three years.
The CITI training is valid for three years, except for the Bloodborne Pathogen course; this must be completed annuals. There are no refresher courses for the IBC modules; basic courses must be completed every three years.
There is no expiration for the Responsible Conduct of Research training modules.
If you have technical issues with the CITI program, you can contact CITI administrators, email@example.com or 305-243-7970 option 1.